The Veterans History Museum of the Carolinas runs on VOLUNTEER POWER. As a 501-c3 non-profit organization, there are no paid staff members and only volunteers provide the working force that makes the museum run. We need volunteers to help us with many facets of the Museum’s operations. Please consider which of the following areas you would like to lend us your time and experience.
- Pathfinders provide guidance to our Museum visitors. They volunteer to be at the Museum for 3-hour shifts several times per month and according to their own schedule. Pathfinders work in the Museum’s gift shop, often lead visitors around the exhibits offering guidance and insight of the artifacts.
- Commo Operators help with the communications required of any active organization. We need your assistance with thank-you letters and emails, the monthly Newsletter, mailings, articles for newspapers and magazines, etc. If your expertise is in marketing and communications, you may be able to help the Museum in a part-time.
- Donations specialists use their communication skills to call potential donors and sponsors for the Museum’s operations and growth funding projects.
- Lecturers have some significant personal experience that qualifies them to provide our monthly lecture series attendees with interesting and relevant historical presentations.
- Mail Call specialists help with answering Museum’s mail and emails.
- Events are ongoing at the Museum on a regular basis. Help is always needed to organize and assist at Museum events.